Site MaintainerVacancy: Job Type:
Information & Technology ServicesDate Posted:
Perform maintenance, repairs, improvements, custodial duties and processing of
goods and materials in and around the IESO offices, buildings and properties.
Hereafter, the term "maintenance" shall encompass any work related to repair,
installation, relocation, removal, servicing, replacement, inspection,
adjustment, upkeep, refinishing etc, as applies to the continuation of a
service, facility, device or asset in its intended function.
Use tools, machinery and equipment associated with the general maintenance
requirements of the IESO offices, buildings and properties. Use and knowledge of
tools, machinery and equipment shall encompass hand tools and power tools, both
stationary and portable, including electric, pneumatic, gasoline and powder
charge. Operate Class 3 vehicles. Perform normal maintenance on tools themselves
including but not limited to, battery charging, sharpening, belt tensioning,
consumable replacement and tightening of bolts and other fastenings.
This tradesperson is capable of performing the following duties as required
by the specific task at hand.
- Repair to and maintenance of IESO grounds and properties including but not
limited to walkways, roadways, stairways, drainage systems and exits.
- Construction and finishing work related to the provision, repair and
maintenance of private and common office-areas and facilities, both modular and
fixed. Repairs and installs doors and door hardware.
- Repairs and maintains: walls, such as plastering, painting, dry walling,
wallpapering; floor coverings; lighting including but not limited to fixtures,
terminals, switches and receptacles. Relocates, repairs and installs pack poles
and relocates telephones including pulling power and communication cables.
- Maintenance of mechanical devices, equipment, systems, structures and
machinery including pneumatic, hydraulic (water or oil), gasoline or electric.
- Maintenance of electrical devices, cabling, wiring, equipment, systems and
facilities including power and data as directed by a qualified electrician if
- Assists qualified tradespersons and/or contractors to maintain
heating/cooling systems, i.e. bleeding units, chemical tests, chemical
additions, humidifier and filter changes and periodic checks of motors and
compressors. On occasion may be required to explain location and operation of
equipment or building to a contractor.
- Performs maintenance, repair or replacement of plumbing facilities such as
may be found in washrooms, kitchens, maintenance rooms and lawn watering systems
inclusive but not limited to toilets, faucets, washers, seals, gaskets,
bladders, diaphragms, sprinkler heads and control valves.
- Fabrication/modification of items or devices as may be needed to carry out
the Primary Function.
- Assist tradespersons and contractors in the maintenance of IESO facilities,
equipment and assets.
- Custodial duties related to the care, maintenance and preparation of all
offices, facilities and common areas used by and available to staff including,
but not limited to setting-up, servicing, cleaning, refinishing, recycling and
removal of waste materials.
- Shipping and Receiving of goods and materials from and to the site
including, but not limited to, packaging, arranging for shipment, delivering
and/or distributing as necessary; and maintaining and updating of any Financial
System database and other records, electronic or otherwise, as may be related to
- Maintain equipment and facilities in a manner that supports a safe and
healthy workplace and conduct good housekeeping and life safety practices during
the performance of the work. Maintains fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Perform any other duty within the intent of the Preamble to the Occupational
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
- Ability to influence peers and others in the organization.