This one-day workshop provides an overview of the Demand Response Auction and how it integrates into Ontario’s Physical Markets. This course is ideal for those seeking an opportunity to deliver demand response capacity to the IESO controlled grid.
DR capacity can be offered by existing or new dispatchable loads or by an existing or new aggregator of load.
Participants should have some knowledge of Ontario’s Physical Markets when taking this course. This knowledge can be acquired by attending the
Introduction to Ontario's Physical Markets.
DR Auction participants: These are either new or existing dispatchable loads or aggregators of load.
Contributors: Contributors are smaller, typically non-revenue meter load aggregated into a single resource. Contributors can learn how they may be expected to perform as part of an aggregated load
- What is a Demand Response Auction Participant?
- How do you Submit a Capacity Qualification?
- How do you Submit Auction Offers?
- How do you Bid Capacity During a Commitment Period?
- What are DR Participant Reports?
- What is Activation Testing?
- How to you Manage Outages and Non Performance?
- When do you Communicate with the IESO?
- How is the DR Settled?
- Do you need to submit measurement data?
$395 + applicable taxes (non-refundable, but substitutions are allowed)
September 9, 2016
Living Arts Centre
4141 Living Arts Drive
Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8
To register, call 905.855.4142 or email