Engineer/Technical Officer - Settlements
Type of Position
Temporary Assignment - 12-15 Months
- Develop appropriate processes, systems and procedures to perform settlement activities for the IESO-Administered Market. Produce user requirements for associated application software, perform acceptance testing and identify business requirements for hardware. Recommend/ facilitate appropriate settlements processes/adjustments to apply when data is missing/incorrect, contractual requirements are not met, and/or “ad hoc” situations.
- Assist in reviewing the effectiveness of existing settlements processes. Develop and implement effectiveness and efficiency improvements, as necessary.
- Produce business process and, where appropriate, system documentation for settlements activities. Provide written procedural instructions, advice, guidance and training regarding the settlement process for the production staff.
- Investigate customer inquiries or complaints, or provide support to production staff investigating such inquiries or complaints.
- Provide data and analyzed information pertaining to settlements as required, to meet corporate financial reporting requirements and as negotiated with other business units or customers.
- Knowledge of mathematics and computer sciences to carry out analytical studies related to the management of the wholesale settlement system. Knowledge of technical writing to prepare effective reports, process descriptions/user guides and market contracts.
This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of 4 years University education, or by having the equivalent.
- Experience with computers, including exposure to statistical and database software, desktop software applications, computer data conversion, various PC-based query and calculation tools, and computer system interfaces.
A period of over 8 years, up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- A good understanding of the operation of the IESO-Administered market, with particular emphasis on settlement.
- The ability to work with other IESO staff in the solution of work or problems, sometimes controversial in nature
- The ability to work with various outside organizations to achieve mutual understanding/ agreement or to solve problems.
- The ability to apply knowledge, judgement and past practice or precedent in resolving problems.
- The ability to work in an environment where only general progress and quality checks are made by the supervisor, and then only at significant stages of the work.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
What the IESO Offers
- Competitive market wages;
- Comprehensive benefit programs;
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle;
- A challenging fast paced team environment;
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this position, please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews. The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.