Assistant Engineer/Officer – Settlements
Type of Position
Temporary (6-12 Months)
Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate processes, systems and procedures within the Market Settlements and Meter Data Management groups of the Settlement Division and perform settlement activities for the IESO-Administered Market. Provide technical and analytical support related to the administration and application of metering, meter data management and settlement services to customers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate processes, systems and procedures to support metering, meter registration, meter data management, and settlement activities for the IESO-Administered Market.
- Assist in reviewing the effectiveness of existing processes and contribute to the development and implementation of effectiveness and efficiency improvements, as necessary.
- Provide technical and analytical support to both internal and external customers. Investigate customer inquiries or complaints, or provide support to settlement staff investigating such inquiries or complaints.
- Provide support and assistance in the development and maintenance of the functional specifications for metering installations including site documentation and totalization tables, on-site communication equipment and systems, meter data collection system interfaces and meter data management processes and requirements.
- Provide support and assistance in tracking and processing document submissions in support of meter registration activities. Analyze and review metering installation proposals, M&V plans, commissioning reports and post-installation audit reports to confirm compliance with Market Rules. Identify non-compliances and communicate these concerns to metering staff, as necessary.
- Provide support and assistance to maintain records, work methods, policies and procedures relating to the market rules and legislation. This includes development and maintenance of market manuals, internal settlement guidelines, system documentation, training packages and tracking tools as related to metering, meter data management and settlement activities.
- Assist in the production of user requirements for associated application software, in the performance of acceptance testing and in the identification of business requirements for hardware. Implement appropriate settlements processes/adjustments applied when data is missing/incorrect, contractual requirements are not met, and/or “ad hoc” situations, at the direction of senior Settlement staff.
- Provide support and assistance in the preparation and analysis of data and information including estimation of meter data, notice of disagreements (NoDs) and offline settlement adjustments for application to settlement statements, for use in settlement decision-making, to meet corporate financial reporting requirements and as negotiated with other business units or customers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, power system analysis and control, mathematics or computer sciences to carry out engineering, economic or analytical studies related to the application and performance of metering installations, meter data management and settlement activities. This knowledge is normally acquired through the successful completion of a 4-year University education or equivalent.
- Exposure to system and market operations and an understanding of applicable market rules, legislation and practices related to metering, meter data management and settlement activities.
- A good understanding of the electrical utility industry and experience in meter data management and metering systems including applicable regulatory requirements, equipment characteristics, installation and field practices, maintenance practices and loss adjustment methodologies.
- Experience with statistical and database software, desktop software applications, various PC-based query and calculation tools and computer system interfaces.
- The ability to apply knowledge, judgement and past practice or precedent in identifying issues and making decisions to resolve problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work cooperatively with internal and external customers in order to obtain information relative to work assignments and to collaborate on joint investigations or the resolution of problems of mutual concern.
The core competencies listed below are important to achieving success in this position and in delivering the IESO’s business objectives.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Deadline oriented individual
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates organizational skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives
What the IESO Offers
- Competitive market wages;
- Comprehensive benefit programs;
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle;
- A challenging fast paced team environment;
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this position, please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews. The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.