| || || |
| || |
Market Services Associate
Type of Position
- Provide advice/consult/guidance/information to customers. Respond accordingly or seek subject matter expert advice to assist in the response to serve customer interests.
- Follow up on customer issues to expedite their resolution within the IESO. Deal with subject matter experts and customers to achieve an acceptable resolution.
- Maintain knowledge of market rules for the purposes of identifying the obligations as they apply to client support and as they apply to Market Participants. Provide customers & others in the IESO with updates, interpretations and impacts as needed.
- Assist in preparing and distributing customer communications.
- Provide data and analyzed information as required, to meet corporate reporting requirements and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare and maintain processes, systems, procedures and market documents, and review their effectiveness. Prepare user requirements for associated application software, the performance of acceptance testing and the identification of business requirements for hardware.
- Propose customer training/educational requirements. Assist in development and delivery to relevant customers and stakeholder groups, as required.
- Propose information and reporting requirements. Assist in the development of information and reports, as required.
- Maintain market knowledge consistent with corporate strategic direction (e.g. market operation issues, market rules, and IESO business processes).
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Requires academic training in business, commerce, information technology, or engineering to understand and apply the technical/business/legislative parameters governing the energy industry and market place.
- Requires knowledge of communication techniques and theories at a level to develop comprehensive instructions, policies, practices, and procedures for effective communication to customers in relation to the complaints, inquiries, advice and guidance on Market Participant requirements.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the successful completion of 4 years University education or by having the equivalent experience.
- Requires some experience in dealing with customers (internal & external to the IESO) in a professional and service-focused environment. Requires some experience to effectively deal with complex inquiries as well as sensitive situations. Experience with diffusing irate callers by utilizing various soft skill techniques is essential.
- Requires some experience in methods of discovery and or investigation, which involves having good analytical, reasoning and customer relations skills to resolve related problems or sensitive questions.
- Requires experience in a customer service environment. Should be familiar with various responsibilities, functions and their interrelationships, and with the contacts and sources of information involved.
- Requires knowledge of telephone and computer operations to utilize various technology systems.
- A period of over 4 years up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Good analytical and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- A strong commitment to critical thinking, continuous improvement and corporate objectives.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with peers and others in the organization.
What the IESO Offers
- Competitive market wages;
- Comprehensive benefit programs;
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle;
- A challenging fast paced team environment;
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this position, please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews. The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.