Market Relations Consultant (Account Manager)
Type of Position
- Manage customer issues to champion their resolution within the IESO. Negotiate with subject matter experts and customers to achieve an acceptable resolution.
- Provide sound advice/consult/guidance/information directly to Market Participants and others on issues related to their relationship with the IESO.
- As an Account Manager, manage specific customer accounts to coordinate and encourage communication with market participants. Develop an understanding of the specific accounts’ issues and support their resolution within the IESO.
- Support the stakeholder engagement process by working with internal business units on change initiatives, assisting in the creation of documentation (i.e. stakeholder plans, timelines, etc), managing issues and facilitating external meetings and webinars.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of market rules for the purposes of explaining the obligations as they apply to Market Participants. Provide customers & others in the IESO with updates, interpretations and impacts as needed.
- Provide data and analyzed information pertaining to market relations’ activities, as required, to meet corporate reporting requirements as well as internal and external reporting requirements.
- Liaise with customer groups to gather information on customer satisfaction and value-added service opportunities. Provide guidance and supporting information to the development of customer programs that involve changes to market relations processes.
- Monitor industry developments customer relations and customer relations technologies and practices.
- On an ongoing basis review the effectiveness of existing processes and recommend changes to processes, systems, procedures and market documents as necessary. Develop and maintain processes, systems, procedures and market documents. Produce user requirements for associated application software, the performance of acceptance testing and the identification of business requirements for hardware.
- Receive inquiries via telephone, face-to-face, e-mail, or post, and respond/consult accordingly or see subject matter expert advice to assist in the response.
- When required, input into a centralized tracking system, including: complete and current contact information for the inquiring party, the nature of the inquiry, date and time of inquiry, referral, if any, of inquiry to line experts, etc. Monitor the progress of inquiry resolution and communication to the originator of the inquiry.
- Assist in preparing the distributing customer communications.
- Identify customer training/educational requirements to the Training Section. Assist in the development and delivery to relevant customers and stakeholder groups, as required.
- Identify information and reporting requirements. Assist in the development of information and reports, as required.
- Participate in the development, simulations and implementation of emergency preparedness plans.
- Maintain market knowledge consistent with corporate strategic direction (e.g. market operations issues, market rules, and IESO business processes).
- Ensure full circle communication and coordination in linking work activities when information is interchanged with internal departments or external contacts so that information flows between all relevant parties.
- Services as culture change agents for others at the IESO due to unique vantage point on client issues.
- Requires academic training in business, commerce, accounting or engineering to understand and apply the technical/economic legislative parameters governing the energy industry and market place.
- Requires superior knowledge of communication techniques and theories at a level to develop comprehensive instructions, policies, practices, and procedures for effective communication to customers in relations to the complaints, inquiries, advice and guidance on Market Participant requirements.
- Requires superior written and verbal communication skills.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of 4 years University education or by having the equivalent education.
- Requires experience in methods of discovery, investigation and process design, which involves having good analytical, reasoning and negotiation skills to resolve unique market related problems or questions.
- Experience in the utility business and/or general understanding of IESO’s structure and functional areas is also needed.
- Requires experience in dealing with customers (internal & external to the IESO) in a professional and service focused environment. Requires experience to effectively deal with complex inquiries as well as escalated and sensitive situations. Experience with diffusing irate callers by utilizing various soft skills techniques is essential.
- Requires experience in a client contact environment. Should be familiar with the various responsibilities, functions and their interrelationships, and with the contacts and sources of information involved.
- Requires knowledge of telephone and computer operations to utilize various technology systems.
- A period of 6 years, up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically, to recognize/anticipate a problem, and to identify and implement best solution in a timely manner.
- Possess knowledge of existing and planned markets, major business functions, products and services and related strategies.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities. Use effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Travelling to and from customer facilities is a requirement of the position.
The core competencies listed below are important to achieving success in this position and in delivering the IESO’s business objectives.
- Superior communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
- Demonstrates an ability to deal well with change.
What the IESO Offers
- Competitive market wages;
- Comprehensive benefit programs;
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle;
- A challenging fast paced team environment;
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this position, please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews. The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.