New Regional Program Approved: High Efficiency Agricultural Pumping Program
December 21, 2016
The IESO is pleased to share that Niagara Peninsula Energy (NPEI) and Hydro One's (HONI) "High Efficiency Agricultural Pumping Program" (HEAP) is the first regional program approved through the new business case review process and template.
The HEAP regional program is aimed at reaching the agricultural sector through a midstream approach by offering an instant discount on high-efficiency pump sets that include a variable frequency drive (VFD). The HEAP program:
- seeks to build capability in the high-efficiency pump supply chain by providing training and informational material to market actors in the pump industry, including those who are directly interacting with the program (manufacturers and/or distributors) and those who are benefiting from the program (contractors and/or customers).
- encourages transformation of the high-efficiency pump market by encouraging stocking of more efficient products by distributors through a midstream approach.
- offers set rebates to be applied at the point of sale by distributors on high efficiency pump sets (pump, VFD and controls) with an incentive that covers approximately 25% of the incremental cost of the pump set.
As a reminder, LDCs can view approved business cases on the LDC Extranet via:
- local/regional programs: LDC Extranet >> Conservation First 2015 - 2020 >> Documents >> Approved Local, Regional Program Business Cases
- pilots: LDC Extranet >> LDC Innovation Pilots >> Documents >> Approved Business Cases