Global Adjustment Costs
Global adjustment covers the cost of building new electricity infrastructure in the province, as well as delivering conservation programs, to ensure enough electricity supply is available over the long term. The components making up the global adjustment are described below.
Monthly Global Adjustment by Components
The global adjustment is calculated as a total dollar amount for each month based on the difference between market revenues and the following components, broken down by fuel types and programs.
- Includes projects under Renewable Energy Supply, Renewable Energy Standard Offer Program, and the Feed-in-Tariff program
- Includes projects under Renewable Energy Supply, Renewable Energy Standard Offer Program, Feed-in-Tariff, converted OPG Atikokan and Thunder Bay facilities, and NUG contracts with the IESO
- Facilities with agreements through Renewable Energy Supply Program, Renewable Energy Standard Offer Program, Hydroelectric Contract Initiative, Hydroelectric Standard Offer Program, and the Feed-in-Tariff programs, as well as OPG's facilities that fall under the Hydroelectric Energy Supply Agreement
- Bruce Power nuclear
- Natural gas facilities including OPG’s Lennox (dual fuel)
- Includes projects under Renewable Energy Supply, Renewable Energy Standard Offer Program, and Feed-in-Tariff program
Other Programs - IEI and Storage
- Industrial Electricity Incentive (IEI) Program: An incentive for eligible consumers in Ontario to increase industrial production. Eligible activities include building a new, or expanding, a facility that falls within a specific NAICS Canada 2012 sector
- Storage: Includes facilities operating under the Phase II energy storage program
Funds and Financing
- Includes programs supporting community groups in the design and delivery of renewable energy initiatives and also includes contract penalties received from generators
- Conservation programs including Save on Energy and Grid Innovation Fund (formerly Conservation Fund)
Ontario Power Generation – Regulated Nuclear and Hydro
- Regulated rates for OPG’s nuclear and remaining hydro generation as set by Ontario Energy Board
Ontario Electricity Financial Corporation – Non-Utility Generation
- Contracts administered by Ontario Electricity Financial Corporation with existing generation facilities
Monthly Global Adjustment by components data can be found in the Monthly Market Report of the Power Data section.