The IESO Board of Directors is calling for nominations of qualified individuals to join the Technical Panel The Technical Panel is a body of Ontario stakeholders formed to consider amendments to the Market Rules and, as requested, to provide advice to the IESO Board on technical issues relating to the operation of the IESO-administered markets. The IESO is seeking representation within the following sector constituencies:
- Market Participant Generators
- Local Distribution Companies
- Other Market Participant Representative (a new category added to capture new market participant categories, for example a Demand Response Market Participant or an Energy Storage Market Participant)
- Consumers (including residential, retail and/or commercial representatives)
- Energy Related Businesses and Services (examples of representation might include financial, aggregators, innovation & research, smart grid, conservation or gas utilities)
The deadline for the submission nominations is February 10, 2017.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or another candidate for consideration as a Technical Panel member, please submit:
- A letter of nomination,
- The nominee's resume,
- A 'Declaration of Nominee' for membership on the Technical Panel, completed and signed by the nominee. Appointed members will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement with the IESO.
Additional information regarding the Technical Panel, including member qualifications and attributes, can be found in the Terms of Reference. The IESO's Technical Panel provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the Market Rules that govern Ontario's IESO-administered markets and to help inform the important discussions that shape Ontario's electricity future.
For more information, visit the Technical Panel webpage or email email@example.com.
Please submit the above information on or before the close of business on February 10, 2017 to:
General Counsel, Secretary and Chief Reliability Compliance Officer
Independent Electricity System Operator
1600-120 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 1T1
Telephone: (416) 506-2856
Fax: (416) 506-2838