Regional Planning – Greater Bruce/Huron
Regional electricity planning in the Greater Bruce/Huron region is underway. This engagement initiative will provide interested parties with an opportunity to offer input for consideration into the elements of the regional planning process.
Regional electricity plans take a 20-year outlook on every region in the province. The planning process provides an opportunity for communities to tell the IESO about anticipated needs and priorities and to contribute to the development of the options for meeting this region’s future electricity needs.
All interested parties are invited to participate in this engagement initiative and may include but are not limited to:
- Counties of Bruce, Huron and Perth
- Portions of Grey, Lambton, Wellington, Waterloo, Oxford and Middlesex counties
- Indigenous communities including Saugeen First Nation, Nawash First Nation, Chippewas of the Thames First Nation, Aamjiwnaang First Nation, Bkejwanong (Walpole Island First Nation), Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point, Historic Saugeen Métis and Métis Nation of Ontario
- Local distribution companies (LDCs) who serve the community including Entegrus Power Lines, ERTH Power, Festival Hydro, Hydro One Networks (Distribution), Wellington North Power and Westario Power
- Consumers, service providers and associations for the area
Greater Bruce/Huron Scoping Study Team - A Scoping Study Team consisting of the six LDCs in the region, the local transmitter and the IESO have developed a Scoping Assessment Outcome Report that establishes the needs requiring more comprehensive planning, areas to be studied, regional planning approach to be taken and composition of a Working Group for the region.
Greater Bruce/Huron Working Group - A Technical Working Group led by the IESO and consisting of representatives from the LDCs in the area – Festival Hydro Inc., Entegrus Powerlines Inc., and Hydro One Distribution Inc., as well as the transmitter Hydro One Networks Inc., will use this regional planning engagement initiative to consider input that will identify and plan for local electricity needs over the next 20 years.
Additional details on the IESO’s plans to engage communities and interested parties throughout the process will be provided in an Engagement Plan to be developed. All comments and enquiries on this engagement can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All comments and enquiries in this engagement initiative can be directed to email@example.com.
See also the regional planning webpage for Greater Bruce/Huron
Schedule of Activities