I am an Assignee
The timeline associated with a microFIT Contract Assignment varies depending on the level of participation from both the Assignor and Assignee. As such, the microFIT Contract Assignment process relies on the active participation of both the Assignor and the Assignee.
Assignment Requests that are inactive will be cancelled at the 6-month mark from last activity. Please check your Beacon account and the email address associated with your Beacon account regularly to ensure you do not miss any notifications.
For microFIT Contract versions 1.3 and 1.4: Supplier may assign the Contract to any legal entity.
For microFIT Contract versions 1.5, 1.6, 1.6.2, 2.x, 3.x and 4.x: Supplier may only assign the Contract to an Eligible Participant.
If the Supplier's version of the Contract includes an Eligible Participant requirement and an Assignment Request is not made in a reasonable timeframe, following the change in ownership of the property, the Supplier will be in breach of the Contract, and the Contract may be terminated by the IESO.
- Please ensure that you are completing the correct form applicable to the microFIT Contract Version and Legal Entity Type (Natural Person vs Non-Natural Person)
- There must be a separate form completed for EACH name listed as the Supplier and the name(s) must be EXACTLY as it appears in the request.
- The Contract ID can be found on the assignment request or you may ask the current Contract holder for it. It will look like “FIT-M______”.
- The Facility Address must include the entire address including the postal code and town
- The Assignee Supplier ID should be YOUR Supplier ID, not the previous owner’s. You may find this on the Assignment Request.
- Please ensure that Assignee’s Signature on the form is a wet ink signature made via pen. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
- Please commission/notarize the forms and ensure that the stamp is clearly visible on the uploaded document.
- Please ensure correct form is completed for chosen method of commissioning/notarization (whether the in-person, or the remote commissioning form)
Once the above request is approved by the IESO, you will receive your final task, the Contract Novation and Assignment Agreement.